Monday, November 23, 2009

The Value of Art ?

I like to learn new things, I just got a rl cello to learn how to better compose with strings. My ear's are still ringing after "playing" my cello ... it has such a "massive" sound. I've been tapping out harmonics with the bow on the cello, I think I have some exciting things moving in that front which i've never done before. When I do something new, it forces me out of ruts. I think in some way, the value of art is it's ability to allow us to move out of destructive cycles.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Patrick!
    I'm not sure if I gave you the post I did about Kolor Studio:
    http://hellaheaven-ana.blogspot.com/2009/12/kolor-fall-studio-paintings-in-third.html

    Now I will make another one about you because I said I would do it.
    :)
    I envy you. I don't play any instrument and I will buy a guitar this week because I cannot stand anymore not being able to play anything.
    I love music.
    I hope I don't give up and don't find it very difficult.
    When I was a girl my sister took piano lessons and when the teacher went away I sat at the piano and played, or tried to I don't remember, to play what was taught at the lesson.
    I don't know why I was forbidden to sit at the piano.
    :(
    It's impossible to have a piano where I live so... there I go with the acoustic guitar.
    You have very interesting thoughts at your blog.
    Have a great 2010!

    ReplyDelete